What do we do?
At Sonsray, we’re in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King customers.
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance! Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 35+ locations.
At Sonsray, we value our employees, their contributions, and most importantly, their ideas! We know that the key to moving mountains is teamwork.
A Day in the Life of a Parts Driver:
SUMMARY – The Parts Driver will mainly be responsible to deliver parts to our customers and pickup any merchandise returned that is accompanied by the appropriate paperwork. Performs basic warehouse work of a routine nature; place returned parts on shelves; remove sold parts from stock, process for shipment, and assist in other areas in the warehouse and parts department when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver parts to the customer while maintaining appropriate paper and customer's signature.
- Pickup parts from customer to be returned to the department with appropriate paperwork and signature.
- Stage loading of a pick-up truck; load and/or unload.
- Display a helpful, courteous attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Inquire about customer needs as related to additional sales, services, etc.
- Utilize marketing promotional materials.
- Pickup check when delivering parts to the customer that is on credit hold.
- Stock and organize shelves when needed.
- Pack parts for shipping and delivery.
- Provide parts service to mechanics and parts customers as needed.
- Appearance must always be clean, neat, and well-groomed.
- Maintain routine maintenance on truck and responsible for keeping the truck clean and neat inside and out.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by the manager.
- Warehouse experience is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with a calm demeanor and customer service focus.
- Must possess and maintain a current and acceptable, valid Driver's License.
- Able to operate large pickup truck (3/4 ton), pickup liftgate.
- Able and willing to drive 80% of the time.
- Know how to drive a manual transmission is a plus.
Compensation: $19.00 - $21.00 an hour (DOE)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks
- Provided Uniforms
- Boot Allowance Program