Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Forestry and Scrap Industry Manager. The Forestry and Scrap Industry Manager is responsible for machine market share penetration for Caterpillar and Allied vendors. Responsibilities include developing forecasts, conducting market opportunities analysis, evaluating Machine Sales Representatives training needs, reviewing territory coverage, and implementing strategies to execute market growth. Seeking candidates with a minimum five years in high-level sales management experience, including industry specific sales and leadership experience. Bachelor's degree in a business-related field preferred.
Requirements for the Forestry and Scrap Industry Manager position includes:
- Thorough industry product knowledge with the ability to display informal leadership through challenges.
- Must be a dedicated self-starter.
- Effective business skills including budgeting, financial analysis, and forecasting.
- Must be able to guide sales personnel in the development and execution of action plan that produce sales results.
- Must be able to monitor business environment to support and guide management in identifying and addressing business opportunities and challenges.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions and solving problems.
- Must be willing to travel the Dealer territory as needed and work hours required to meet job and customer demands.
- Frequent travel is required – overnight or out town via car or airplane.
- Must possess ability to communicate using a telephone and a computer.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to interpret data and make quick decisions.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Forestry and Scrap Industry Manager job, including regularly being required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.