Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring Electric Power Generation (EPG) Apprentice Technicians. For individuals with a strong mechanical or electrical aptitude. Carter's fully accredited 15-month apprenticeship program may be just the educational path and training you are looking for to quickly pave the way for an EPG technician career.
This program will provide the training needed to pave the way to a Caterpillar technician career path with a great company. The program will train and develop you to perform start-ups and commission, service, maintain, troubleshoot, and diagnose generator problems, all while being paid, receiving full-time benefits, and not incurring any education expenses. In many locations, Carter offers multiple shift opportunities (1, 2 and weekend), including some 3-day/week and 4-day/week options. This is an excellent opportunity and upon completion, you’ll be equipped to continue building your skill set and expanding your technician career.
Requirements for our Caterpillar Apprentice Technician positions include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Candidate should possess an excellent driving record.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to read and understand operating manuals.
- Must be able to perform in situations requiring speed and deadlines.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Must be able to work all shifts to meet customer needs
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Apprentice Technician jobs, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will receive an accreditation from The Virginia Department of Labor, officially becoming a certified Construction Equipment Technician. You'll be an integral part of our customers' success and have the opportunity to work with an array of diverse equipment. Carter's Apprenticeship Program is nationally recognized by the Federal Department of Labor and is fully accredited through the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Multiple Shift options at many locations.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.