Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Clean & Sandblast Technician in Salem, Virginia at our corporate headquarters. The Clean & Sandblast technician position is responsible for cleaning and sandblasting machinery and components in the wash rack and sandblast area. Seeking candidates with previous heavy equipment/automotive sandblasting experience preferred. Must be a flexible team-player, willing to work in other departments as needed.
Requirements of the Clean & Sandblast technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work in a cleaning and sandblasting environment.
- Job requires a high mechanical aptitude and the ability to use tools and equipment correctly.
- Must follow company safety rules and policies; able to safely operate all models of CAT equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to complete service reports in a timely manner and with a thorough description of work performed.
- Must be able to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Annual respirator training required
- Must possess ability to operate heavy machinery, as needed, in a safe manner.
- Must be able to positively interact with supervisor and to understand problems and concerns relating to a repair.
- Must be able to perform work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to be self-directed, organized and be able to interact with coworkers and train new mechanics.
- Must be able to work as an integral part of a team.
- Must be able to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
- Willing to work additional hours to meet business and customer demands.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Clean & Sandblast technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Work assignments will be completed on ladders, work platforms and high-reach baskets. Able to hold and use high-pressure blast nozzle/paint sprayer for extended periods of time. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace