Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Analytics Manager. The Analytics Manager is responsible for Carter Machinery’s data analytics strategy and execution. The individual in this role is expected to champion predictive analytics to solve business challenges and achieve strategic growth and cost targets in close collaboration with leaders in rental, parts, service, and support organizations. To accomplish this, the Analytics Manager will develop and lead analytics team members to execute a portfolio of predictive analytics projects, partnering with Caterpillar and industry-leading analytics partners to apply the best available analytics processes and technologies. Seeking candidates with a minimum three years Project Management experience and five years Business Analytics experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Management, or a related field required.
Requirements for the Analytics Manager position include:
- Thorough understanding and management of risks associated with predictive models, including potential biases and uncertainties.
- Must be familiar with various machine learning algorithms and frameworks. Experience in model selection, training, and evaluation.
- Must be able to develop and implement predictive models for forecasting and decision-making. Understanding of feature engineering and model optimization.
- Business understanding to align predictive analytics efforts with organizational goals. Must have ability to translate technical findings into actionable insights for business stakeholders. Must possess ability to gain industry-specific knowledge to understand the context and nuances of predictive analytics applications in the heavy equipment sector.
- Must possess a proficiency in statistical modeling and analysis methods, including predictive modeling techniques, regression analysis, time series analysis, and machine learning algorithms.
- Must possess proficiency in programming languages commonly used in predictive analytics, such as Python, R, or SQL. Ability to write and understand code for data manipulation, analysis, and modeling.
- Expertise in data preprocessing, cleaning, and transformation. Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and experience working with large datasets.
- Must have proven leadership skills to manage a team of analysts and data scientists and project management abilities to oversee end-to-end predictive analytics projects.
- Must be able to function well in a high volume and fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must possess ability to work long hours on statistical data, and to interpret data and make quick decisions.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Must be able to think creatively and outside of the box to solve problems.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills to address challenges in data quality, model performance, and business requirements. Must be able to identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex analytical concepts to non-technical audiences. Collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Must possess awareness of ethical considerations in data usage and the legal implications of predictive analytics, including data privacy and compliance.
- Must have a commitment to staying updated on emerging trends, tools, and techniques in predictive analytics.
- Must be willing to travel and stay overnight as required. Travel per management and project requirements, typically within territory to key stores (Salem, Richmond, Baltimore). Occasional travel for professional training and for Caterpillar-sponsored training and events.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Analytics Manager job, including regularly being required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.