Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Customer Contract Quote Specialist. The Customer Contract Quote Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Carter Machinery machine and product support team in the quotation of preventative maintenance contracts for Cat and non-Cat equipment. This will include point-of-sale (POS), aftermarket and renewal contracts. The role will also liaison with service operations team to ensure standard jobs are updated and maintained in a timely and on-going consistent basis to deliver a consistent and professional quoted product to our customers. This role directly supports the Customer Value Agreement growth program, as well as, Carter Machinery 2026 Doubling Services initiative. Seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years' service support experience, preferably in a dealership environment working at a technical level. Must be experienced in processing accurate, detailed paperwork and quotes for parts and service. Caterpillar construction equipment experience preferred. College Degree a plus.
Requirements for the Customer Contract Quote Specialist include:
- Must be an approachable team-player.
- Possesses a high technical aptitude, as well as, an understanding of machine applications, operation and functions.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to provide accurate support to the MSR / PSR team and management.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to adapt to changing technology. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Proficient in BMTS, DBS, SIS, SIMSI and TMI.
- Willing and able to travel in the field as needed. Overnight travel as necessary.
- Must possess ability to communicate using a telephone and a computer.
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in sometimes stressful situations.
- Must be able to interpret data and make quick decisions.
- Must be able to work shifts needed, including days, nights, and/or weekends to meet demands of customers.
- Promote a positive customer experience
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way
Physical requirements must be met for the Customer Contract Quote Specialist including the ability to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities