Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative in Winchester, Virginia. The Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the sale of hydraulic and machining products and services, full machine shop services, and specialized welding services by calling on industrial customers in an assigned territory. The individual in this role will demonstrate initiative, commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. This position routinely calls on prospective and existing customers to discuss needs and make recommendations for Hydraulic Reconditioning services, including cylinders, pumps, motors, valves, filtration, contamination remediation, remanufacturing/salvage of replacement parts, and specialized welding. We’re seeking candidates with previous sales experience, preferably in heavy/industrial equipment and thorough knowledge of Hydraulic Systems and Machining products and services. High school diploma preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field is a plus.
Requirements for the Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative position include:
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulics/machine products and repair process services.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication/negotiation skills.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Strong PC skills with ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to develop and execute effective action plans and handle customer situations to produce results.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Must be capable of effectively negotiating and closing deals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Frequent travel with ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Promote a positive customer experience.
- Uphold the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork by embracing The Carter Way.
Physical requirements must be met for the Industrial Hydraulics and Machine Service Sales Representative job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.