About Us: Founded in 1948, Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co., Inc., is the exclusive Cat® dealer of western and central Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia and western Maryland, providing new, used and rental equipment, parts and service.
Cleveland Brothers supplies a vast variety of solutions and products, including construction machinery, industrial diesel and gas engines and generators, air compressors and boosters, oil and gas machinery and much more, in addition to full truck service for all makes and models. With 29 locations, customers have access to all of the parts and equipment needed to get the job done, backed by industry-leading technicians and staff. For more information, please visit www.ClevelandBrothers.com.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Technical Services Manager to lead our Technical department.
DEFINITION: In accordance with management directives this position provides overall management and guidance to the Technical Services department in order to provide the most effective product line and repair service support possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: This position mandates that the employee be able to perform all of the following functions:
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operation of the technical information activities and related personnel.
- Review internal and external matters involving Service and Parts Departments technical needs.
- Prepare and submit documents and reports related to department activities.
- Manage performance of Construction Technical Communicators who provide support to customers, both internal and external, to provide excellent product support information.
- Communicate with CAT and Allied products service personnel, to evaluate technical data being provided for practical application.
- Function as interface between suppliers and end users on a technical basis.
- Utilize technical communicator involvement with product problems to determine what technician training is required.
- Provide technical expertise in complex situations and orchestrate site visits with CAT and Allied products personnel to address problems in the field.
- Work closely with service management and Technicians to provide technical support and assistance as required.
- Identify training needs of technical communicators.
- Provide technical knowledge for legal matters.
- Manage monthly meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Thorough knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment used in construction, mining and industrial applications. Knowledge of computer applications in both a CAT specific and Microsoft based environment is essential. Ability to develop creditable relationship with CAT and other manufacturers is critical.
Must possess strong skills to motivate, organize, and manage personnel in providing technical support. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and requests from numerous sources, balancing conflicting priorities. Exceptional communication skills to convey information through numerous formats. Flexibility to travel within and outside of the company territory and respond to needs of both internal and external customers as required.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
Five years of relevant management or technical experience, or any combination of experience that is acceptable to management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.