Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co., Inc., your local Caterpillar dealership, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our growing team of established and successful sales professionals. This opening is based out of Harrisburg location.
Our current open Territory Manager position is a great opportunity for a great career with a 75-year-old, family-owned company. Cleveland Brothers represents some of the most quality built and recognizable brands in our industry.
Territory Manager positions are designed to take a skilled and established salesperson and help maintain, develop & grow small to medium accounts in an assigned territory.
We offer multiple levels of training and understanding of the products and services we offer our clients. Helping the perfect candidate to achieve their goals both professionally and personally.
Our ideal candidate would be a great self-starter, someone with a drive to win in both a solo and team sales environment. This candidate would possess advanced sales skills and an industrial background (preferably in Construction, Agricultural or similar). A positive attitude coupled with a genuine desire to assist customers is a big plus.
Cleveland Brothers compensation and benefits packages are one of the best in the industry. We offer advancement possibilities as well as a safe and fun place to work and grow in an industry that is both cutting edge and rewarding to work in.
Job Summary: The Territory Manager position is an in-person sales position. The goal of the Territory Manager is to identify, establish or re-establish and maintain contact with small-sized to medium-sized construction and local municipality clients to increase sales of equipment and other company solutions in his or her geographic region. The Territory Manager will focus on customers that are currently assigned to them as well as growth of new customers in an assigned territory.
Some customers do not have Caterpillar equipment, but they can still benefit from our suite of offerings and may be prospects to own Cat machines in the future.
Details & Essential Functions:
- Account qualification and updating: A Territory Manager will proactively manage a account base in their assigned territory with the focus on growing sales and rental of machines and attachments. Territory Managers will qualify accounts, update the customer's complete account information, and begin to help these customers continue their relationships with key Cleveland Brothers personnel.
- Promote Dealership services: A Territory Manager will promote all aspects of the Dealership by selling machines, attachments, rentals, as well as promoting our parts, service, labor, Customer Support Agreements, etc. to their assigned customers.
- Sales and customer satisfaction: Through the needs analysis process, Account Managers will determine individual customers' needs and provide solutions to meet them.
- Relationship building: The Territory Manager is the primary contact from the Dealer to these customers. The Territory Manager's ability to develop, continue and improve upon a strong positive relationship with his/her customers and fellow employees is critical to his/her success.
- Teamwork: A Territory Manager will partner with Product Support Representatives to schedule and conduct off-site demos and other necessary field sales functions. Where applicable,
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales skills necessary to sell a premium priced product.
- Ability to develop and maintain product knowledge of Caterpillar and Cleveland Brothers solutions.
- Proven competence in personal disciplines, relationship skills, strategic selling, and tactical selling.
- Ability to assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, approach work from a solutions-based focus, and develop creative solutions to complex issues.
- Proven competence in oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or marketing, or equivalent work experience requested.
- Minimum of 3 year industry related experience requested.
- Minimum of 5 year retail sales or other sales experience requested.
- Acceptable driving record and valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (speak, read, comprehend, write, and speak in English).
Candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following counties, Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry or Juniata
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.