Job Duties: This position will weld and assemble dump truck bodies on a variety of truck chassis. The preferred candidate will have the following skills: Welding, cutting torch and plasma cutter experience; basic electrical, chassis air systems and layout skills;. overhead crane rigging; and a willingness to learn product repair procedures. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Previous dump body installation, Proven welding and fabrication experience; ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and drawings a plus; welding certification is a plus. Vocational-technical school and/or secondary level trade school training in welding technology.
As a truck body installer you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching
- Listening and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold, injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.