Primary focus of this position will be to provide technical support for construction equipment product problems and distribute service information to all concerned and ensure technical matters are accurately defined.
- Research product problems and distribute service information to all concerned
- Ensure technical matters are accurately defined, what is failing, hours at failure, conditions, cause and frequency of failure, locations, known fixes, temporary repairs made, recurrences, and unknowns
- Summarize impact, high repair costs, downtime, policy dollars spent, special parts exchange programs, unusual parts replacements, loaner machine guarantees, price discounts, and lost sales
- Prioritize problems, develop action plans
The preferred candidate will be knowledgeable in:
- Mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems on construction equipment
- Have good verbal and written communication skills necessary for communicating with customers, technicians, and manufacturer's representatives
- Have excellent personal computer skills
- This position will be office in Murrysville and requires travel to customer job sites, branch locations, and meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.