Cleveland Brothers, the largest Cat® dealer in PA, northern West Virginia and western Maryland, has an immediate opportunity for a Field Service Supervisor in our Murrysville, PA facility.
Core responsibilities: This position directs the activities of the Field Service Department, as well as the employees, in the performance of Field repairs and parts on equipment to ensure that the company provides the customer with the most efficient and cost effective product line support possible.
This position mandates that the employee be able to perform all of the following functions:
- Supervise and develop the personnel of the department
- Receive and respond to customer requests or inquiries on equipment repairs
- Assist in determination of needed repairs and the timing of repairs
- Research information from literature and computer based sources
- Assign and schedule equipment and personnel to shop repairs
- Other functions as assigned by necessity
This position may perform any combination of the following duties:
- Assess employee performance and provide guidance or recommend training needed to reach and maintain acceptable performance level
- Foster good employee/management relations
- Decide upon and administer employee discipline as required
- Receive calls from customers on a daily basis concerning the price and schedule for machine repair or service, technical information, recognition of warranty contracts, equipment transportation needs, and other issues
- Discuss complex repair diagnoses or procedures with Technical Communicators or other personnel within the company or with the manufacturer
- Address equipment down time concerns through scheduling repairs at times most convenient to the customer
- Utilize mainframe, personal computers, as well as literature sources such as pricing manuals, service manuals, parts books, service warranty guides, etc, to find information on invoices, work orders, parts availability, repair procedures, flat rate pricing, machine repair history, components under warranty coverage, and other similar information
- Devise work schedules for repairs to be performed in the field which utilize available mechanics and service vehicles in the most cost efficient manner while taking into consideration parts availability and delivery schedules
- Examine work orders, requisitions, service reports, claim forms, bills of lading, etc, for accuracy and by request of other departments, personnel or the customer; draft budget recommendations
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
Degrees or Other Special Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical repair procedures and their application to equipment repair
- Thorough understanding of Company/contract practices and policies in relation to the direction of the work force
- Significant talent in the direction and scheduling of persons, as well as those who supervise and support them, to achieve the highest possible degree of productivity
- Considerable written and verbal communication skills for the conveyance of instructions
- Working skills in computer applications in a Windows based environment to provide for continual improvement of department efficiency
- Provide superior customer service and product support through management of all aspects of the service department
- Responsible for developing and managing relationships with customers, employees and various departments within Cleveland Brothers.
- Proven success in managing and developing staff. Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Precise documentation, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to manage day to day operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Intermediate computer skills
- Proficiency with MS office software
- Responsible for growing and continuing to improve efficiency
BACKGROUND TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Five years of hands on supervisory experience within a field environment demonstrating increased responsibility and knowledge of Caterpillar product lines, or an equivalent combination of training and experience acceptable to Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.