About the Company: Founded in 1948, Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co supplies a vast variety of solutions and products, including construction equipment, parts and service, industrial diesel and gas engines and generators, oil and gas machinery, on-highway trucks and much more. With 29 locations, customers have access to all the used parts and used equipment needed to get the job done, backed by industry-leading technicians and staff.
The successful candidate must be able to operate, install, diagnose, repair, rebuild, and maintain all types of power generation and industrial engine/rental equipment in a fast paced environment and must be able to multi-task. The successful candidate must have good human relations skills and the personality to successfully communicate and problem solve with customers. Customer satisfaction is of primary consideration.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Independently and successfully diagnose, repair, rebuild, and maintain diesel and gas engines, air compressors, pumps and heaters
- Reading schematics and diagnosing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing electrical and mechanical problems
- Understand electricity and electronics including AC and DC circuits along with basic power generation systems
- Performing both minor and major repairs to the engine, generator or components
- Utilize a laptop computer for information, time keeping and diagnostic purposes
- Prepare all part requisitions and service reports accurately with sufficient detail for service and accounting needs in a timely manner
- Provide accurate and detailed information to create repair estimates as required
- Monitor expenses versus repair estimates and ensures that the office is aware of any cost overruns prior to job completion
- Understand the customer's needs and time constraints and completing scheduled repairs and service safely and within the time constraint identified while providing superior quality workmanship to meet and exceed the customer's expectations
- Maintains a set of tools required for optimum job performance
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Mentor other technicians
- Work with other divisions/departments within the company as needed
- Attend training sessions as required
- Work overtime and weekends as needed directed by management
- Must be flexible and willing to work on many different types of equipment in a shop environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Perks & Benefits:
- Highly Competitive salary
- Specialty tools provided
- Time off - including Paid holidays & Personal days
- Medical insurance
- Vision, dental, short and long-term disability
- 401k match
- Profit sharing
- Company provided uniforms and footwear
- Continuous education program
- Life insurance
Not sure you're qualified? A wide range of backgrounds & working experience is acceptable, including time spent in technical schools, military and/or on-the-job experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.