Cleveland Brothers, the largest Cat® dealer in Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia and western Maryland, has an immediate opportunity for a Field Welder / Machinist.
Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co., Inc., your local Caterpillar dealership, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our growing team of established and successful Technicians. This opening will be based out of our Harrisburg Branch.
Our ideal candidate would be a great self-starter, someone with a drive to win in both a solo and team environment. A positive attitude coupled with a genuine desire to assist customers is required.
Field Service Welder / Machinist must have relevant working experience and be able to operate, and repair all types of earthmoving equipment. The ability to independently weld, machine inoperative or malfunctioning equipment is essential.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Independently and successfully rebuild, repair, weld, and machine inoperative or malfunctioning equipment in various environmental and working conditions
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Working knowledge to operate and maintain all types of machining tools to produce parts to tolerance's and company specifications using typical machinist's hand tools
- Utilize a laptop computer for information
- Safely assemble and disassemble components and equipment according to the manufacturer's specifications
- Accurately complete service reports and provide the details to complete work orders
- Meet the Department of Transportation physical examination and licensing requirements as mandated by law
- Work work over time as required
- Maintain tool requirements
- Must be able to travel to other Cleveland Brothers locations to work
- This position will require overtime and possibly weekend work and overtime stay
When machinist /welder work is not available the candidate may be assigned to work in the shop or with shop service technicians as needed.
As a field welder / machinist you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions.
Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, listening, and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence, and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold
- Injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must meet DOT regulatory & Cleveland Brothers requirements for operating company or related vehicles
- Must sign all documentation to meet DOT regulations and company requirements
- Must be minimum of 21 years old
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- CDL maybe required
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company.
Why Join the Cleveland Brothers Team:
- Competitive Compensation
- Company vehicle provided
- Phenomenal Benefits Package Available Day 1: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match, short- and long-term disability, health savings account, PTO, Profit Sharing Account.
- Advancement: Take your career to the next level with a dynamic organization that wants to see you succeed! In addition to room to grow in this role, there are limitless opportunities across 29 locations whether you want to move up, or into another division of the company.
- Stability - Cleveland Brothers has been around for 75 years. Experience tremendous job security in an essential role with an organization that is around for the long haul.
About Us: Founded in 1948, Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co., Inc., is the exclusive Cat® dealer of western and central Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia and western Maryland, providing new, used and rental equipment, parts and service.
Cleveland Brothers supplies a vast variety of solutions and products, including construction machinery, industrial diesel and gas engines and generators, air compressors and boosters, oil and gas machinery and much more, in addition to full truck service for all makes and models. With 29 locations, customers have access to all of the parts and equipment needed to get the job done, backed by industry-leading technicians and staff. For more information, please visit www.ClevelandBrothers.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Top of Form