Blanchard Machinery Company’s history began in 1952 when the Joseph L. Rozier Machinery Co., a LeTourneau Dealer, moved its operation from the Midwest to central Florida to represent the Caterpillar product line in Orlando. The decision to make the move to Florida was built on the speculation of future growth in the area, speculation that was, of course, fully realized.
Mr. Rozier remained active in the company until his passing in the 1970’s, when Mr. Rozier’s son-in-law, G. Robert Blanchard, took, the helm. In 1982, seeing a promising opportunity in South Carolina, Blanchard Machinery Company was established. Robert Blanchard remained active in the South Carolina dealership until 1996, when his son Joe Blanchard was appointed president.
Since opening its’ doors Blanchard Machinery Company has kept the same vision to become the premier Caterpillar dealership in North America by being major supplier of equipment and engines measured by customer satisfaction, market share and financial performance. In addition, our philosophy is guided through earning customers’ loyalty by providing the highest quality products and superior service in such a way that customers enjoy doing business with Blanchard Machinery.
Blanchard has 14 facilities throughout South Carolina representing five divisions – Compact Equipment, Heavy Equipment, Pioneer Recycling & Forestry, Power Systems (featuring generators, truck and marine engines), and Rental Services.
Today this family owned company is well into its third decade of doing business. Our history is one of opportunity, and we remain well positioned to meet the demands and requirements of our customers, and future growth.
Additional Blanchard Machinery Facts:
• In 2001, Blanchard began a joint venture with Yancey Brothers on a truck service location on the Georgia/South Carolina boarder in Augusta, Georgia
• In 2001, Blanchard became a partner in CPB Power Systems, which is the Solar Turbine sales representative in North and South Carolina, and works with landfills throughout the southeast.
• In 2004, Blanchard became a partner with Arrow Equipment, which distributes Cat paving products and Lee Boy paving products in North and South Carolina.
• In 2007, Blanchard entered into a joint venture with Spectra Integrated Systems, develops GPS Machine Control Systems, Trimble GPS Surveying, and Terramodel Visualizer Software
• In 2007, Blanchard began offering forestry and recycling equipment through the Pioneer South Carolina division, offering products from Cat, Doppstadt, Peterson, Prentice and Woodsman. During this time Ironmart, Blanchard's used forestry equipment division, was also added.
• Blanchard also represents additional products lines such as Challenger, Eager Beaver, Genie, Honda, Loegering, Metso, New Holland, Terex, Toro Dingo, Towmaster and much more.